Whether you or a loved one received a misdiagnosis or an erroneous surgery, harm resulting from a healthcare professional’s negligence may mean you have grounds for a medical malpractice case. But, in order to garner the best possible outcome for your case, you need an experienced, reputable medical malpractice lawyer on your side. Learn how you can find the best lawyer for you and your case below.
What Is Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice is when your doctor’s treatment does not coincide with the standard accepted form of care. As a result, injuries, damages or even death may occur. While doctors are regular people and errors happen, when someone has the power to hold someone’s life in their hands, it’s important that they do everything in their power to eliminate mistakes.
Have I Been a Victim of Medical Malpractice?
If you or a loved one has suffered from of the following medical errors, you may have a medical malpractice case:
- Medical device malfunction
- Negligent care
- Surgical errors
- Misreading or misinterpreting medical documents
- Improper or insufficient treatment
What Qualifications and Experience Should I Look for In a Medical Practice Lawyer?
Effective medical malpractice lawyers have comprehensive knowledge in all areas of law, legal remedies and court rules of procedures. This is why it is important to ask for a detailed, written resume from any lawyer you are considering for your medical malpractice case.
When it comes to experience, you should work with a lawyer who possesses hands-on legal experience. The best medical malpractice lawyers have years of experience negotiating with insurance companies and are not intimidated by insurance companies’ tactics.
There is a chance that your lawyer will have to appear on your behalf in court in you are unable to reach an agreement with an insurer. For this reason, it is important that you have a lawyer who has experienced with court appearances before a judge and jury. Experience with arguing motions, presenting testimony, cross-examining witnesses and experts is a must.
Questions to Ask Potential Medical Malpractice Lawyers
- How long have you been practicing?
- Do you have experience dealing with medical malpractice cases?
- Do you specialize in only medical malpractice cases or do you also specialize in other areas of law?
- What was the result of the most recent case you worked on?
- Have you ever taken a case to trial?
- How many people work at your firm? How many will be working on my case?
- Do you have access to expert witnesses and medical investigators?
- Are you a member of the local bar association and/or the American Bar Association?
- Are you on any panels or committees?
- Have you had any disciplinary problems with the bar association?
Contact Clark Law With Your Medical Malpractice Cases Today
If you or a loved one has suffered medical injuries as a result of medical malpractice and are looking for an experienced, reputable lawyer, Clark Law is here for you. Our team will confront your problem and help achieve the best outcomes possible. Our experience and knowledge allow us to walk step by step with our clients until we reach the best outcome, regardless of the situation. Please contact us at (855) 680-4911 to learn more.