With Florida’s proximity to international shipping, it is unfortunately known for its drug-related issues. This has made Florida’s laws on drug-related crimes more strict over the years. Possession of any controlled substance is a crime in the state of Florida. Hiring a qualified drug crime attorney is critical regardless of the type of drug crime.
Drug Charge Lawyer
Some of the most common drug-related issues in court include drug possession, paraphernalia, manufacturing, trafficking and sale or delivery of drugs. Clark Law, P.A. represents clients charged with any drug-related crime including but not limited to:
– Possession of controlled substances can be a felony or a misdemeanor depending on what drug a person is charged with possessing. Penalties can also range widely from a fine, to loss of driving privileges, to imprisonment for several years.
Possession of Paraphernalia
– The state of Florida often charges possession of paraphernalia when a person is found to be in possession of a pipe, syringe, or any other instrument connected with drug use.
Possession With Intent to Distribute
– Manufacturing drugs, including marijuana grown in your house for personal use, as well as manufacturing operations run with the intention of distributing or selling drugs.
Sale or Delivery of Drugs
– The state of Florida often charges individuals with multiple counts of sale or delivery of controlled substances.
– Trafficking in a controlled substance is a very serious offense that carries with it severe financial penalties and mandatory imprisonment.
As former state prosecutors, we’ve handled thousands of drug cases including trafficking in hydrocodone, trafficking in oxycodone, sale of controlled substances (oxycodone, hydrocodone, cocaine, marijuana, and more), manufacturing of marijuana, and drug possession.
Because of our backgrounds as former prosecutors and our successful defense of drug cases, we understand the law relevant to your case and we are able to assist you with your drug charges in many ways.
Possible Defenses to Drug Charges
Motion to Suppress — if a stop or search of your person or vehicle was illegal, an experienced attorney can run a motion to suppress which could result in the suppression of the evidence (drugs) against you and possibly a dismissal of your charge.
Pretrial Intervention (PTI) — pretrial intervention programs are sometimes available to first-time offenders based on the charge. We can advise you on whether you qualify and we will assist you in applying. Successful completion of the pretrial intervention program typically results in the dismissal of your charge.
Transfer of Your Case to Drug Court — This is for nonviolent drug offenders who are able to be designated to a comprehensive substance abuse treatment.
Trial — We are extremely experienced lawyers with over 200 jury trials under our belt.
Plea Negotiations With the State — plea negotiations are important for all drug cases, no matter what the charge. We will aggressively negotiate with the state to get a plea deal with the minimum amount of financial penalty and least amount of imprisonment possible.
Hire an Experienced Drug Crimes Attorney
Even a misdemeanor drug charge has the power to greatly affect your life. If you’ve been arrested for a drug crime, it is critical that you have quality legal representation. Hire an attorney who will examine the facts of your case on an individual basis, give you a fair and honest assessment of where you stand, and who will aggressively defend your rights and fight for the best possible outcome. Contact Tampa Bay Criminal Defense Attorneys Clark Law at (855) 680-4911 today for a free consultation.